We can help with transport, forms and staying connected
For help with everyday public transport, laptops and forms please call the ASC on 02 9078 1900 or contact us via email.
We understand that moving to a new country can be a big transition. Our helpful team is here to welcome you and answer your questions to help you find your way. Drop in to the ASC in Newtown from 10am – 4pm, Monday – Friday or call on 02 9078 1900.
Our team of Centre Support Volunteers can also provide you help on the phone or by coming to Newtown or Auburn. They can help you with:
- Applying for a concession Opal card for public transport.
- Help with Medicare applications
- Applying for an Immicard
- Getting a TFN (tax file number)
- Support letters from the ASC
- Referrals for legal advice
- Phone or Opal card top-ups for people involved in ASC programs.
- Paying electricity and gas bills
- Visa health checks…. and many other everyday supports.
If you need other everyday help please contact us and we will try and help.