Recently as I was helping a young man with a printing problem, I asked him why he needed the printing. He said there’d been a massacre in his village back home – the second in less than a year. He needed to provide evidence of why it was not safe to return. He mentioned he didn’t have a computer, so I arranged for him to get a donated laptop.
Give a gift of digital connection
People seeking asylum in Sydney don’t receive government income support, and can struggle to access mobile phones and computers. You can help by donating your second-hand laptops, tablets and phones. Your donation can help someone to study, look for work, contact family and deal with government agencies and organisations.
We accept the following devices in working condition:
- Laptops: up to 7 years old
- Macbooks: up to 9 years old
- Tablets: up to 7 years old
- Phones: up to 7 years old
- iPhones – iPhone 6 or newer, reset (how to check your iPhone model)
- iPads – iPad 5 or newer, reset (how to check your iPad model + here is a list of iPads we accept)
- Mice, headphones, webcams and chargers (spare chargers are always welcome)
We don’t need:
- Desktop computers
- Screens (under 27 inch)
- Keyboards, calculators, Kindles, cameras, TVs, cables, software, modems
- Software CDs
- Manuals or boxes
If you have a device to donate, please submit this form and we will be in touch.
Resetting and delivering your device
You may wish to erase/reset your devices, otherwise just let us know and we will erase them. Please note that iPads and iPhones must be reset for us to be able to use them (here are instructions for resetting an iPhone or iPad). iPhones must also have ‘Find my Phone’ disabled. We require devices to be posted or delivered in person to 43 Bedford Street, Newtown NSW 2042.
"*" indicates required fields
When you make a donation to support people seeking asylum in Australia, you are welcoming people who need protection with the practical support they need to thrive.